Aloe Vera for Dogs
Aloe vera is a natural product with many health properties and is safe for dogs. Aloe vera products are used often to assist healing in dogs. Aloe vera extracts in any form are used for various purposes such as treating skin disorders, infections, and open wounds.
Aloe vera contains amino acids, calcium, folate, iron, magnesium, phosphorous, potassium, and zinc. It contains vitamin such as vitamin A, vitamin C, and vitamin E. It is anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory, and anti-allergic in nature and also acts as an anti-oxidant. Aloe gel for dogs contains enzymes which break down inflammatory proteins and enhance healing. It is essential to consult a veterinarian before using aloe vera or any other herb on your dog.
Here are a few conditions where you can use aloe vera for dogs to stimulate quick recovery of wounds or incisions:
- Before applying aloe vera, you must clip off the fur carefully from the affected areas on your dogs body. You must then take a wash cloth soaked in cool water and clean the affected areas gently.
- If you dog has a swelling on its leg or minor skin punctures, using aloe vera will give quick and effective results. Aloe vera juice for dogs is highly recommended and should be given daily as a part of its food. Also, aloe vera gels for dogs can be applied directly to the dog’s wounds and rubbed onto its leg to ease swelling. In addition to its anti-inflammatory properties, it is also soothing, toning, protective, and moisturizing to the skin.
- For treating surgery incisions, aloe vera gel for dogs must be applied several times a day to hasten healing. It also reduces itching on wounds after surgery.
- Aloe vera also brings immediate relief to fleabites and poison ivy.
- Aloe vera for dogs can help soothe and heal dog skin allergies. Apply a thin layer of aloe vera gel to the affected areas. You must repeat this process every day, until the rashes begin to heal.
- Use a dog shampoo that contains colloidal oatmeal and aloe vera for bathing your dog once or twice a week. After your dog’s fur dries, apply some fresh aloe vera gel onto the affected spots.
- Aloe vera gel is also recommended in case of dog eczema treatment.
- Aloe vera is safe for dogs when applied externally on the affected areas. Dogs will also refrain from licking the part of their body where the gel has been applied due to the herb’s astringent flavor.